No.F(E)III/2003/PF1/1, dated 21.01.2019
Sub: State Railway Provident Fund – Rate of Interest during year 2018-19 (January, 2019-March, 2019).
A copy of Government of India’s Resolution No.5(1)-B(PD)/2018, dated 3rd January, 2019 issued by the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) prescribing interest at the rate of 8% (Eight percent) w.e.f. 1st January, 2019 to 31st March, 2019 on accumulations at the credit of subscribers to State Railway Provident Fund, is enclosed, for information and necessary action.
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
OM No.5(1)-B(PD)/2018, dated 3rd January, 2019
1. It is announced for general information that during the year 2018-2019, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8% (Eight percent) w.e.f. 1st January, 2019 to 31st March, 2019. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st January, 2019. The funds concerned are:-
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services)
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India)
3. The All India Service Provident Fund
4. The State Railway Provident Fund
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services)
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories workmen’s Provident Fund
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund
9. The Defence Service Officers Provident Fund
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the resolution be published in Gazette of India.
Download Railway Board Circular RBE No. 14/2019
Forward reference⇒RBE No.