No.PC-III/2000/GIS/2, date 14.01.2019
Sub: Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme, 1980 – Table of Benefits for the Savings Fund for the period from 01.10.2018 to 31.12.2018.
The table of benefits under CGEGIS-1980 for the period 01.07.2018 to 30.09.2018 issued by Ministry of Finance vide their OM dated 04.09.2018 was circulated to Zonal Railways/ Production Units, etc. vide Board’s letter of even number dated 14.09.2018 (RBE No. 137/2018).
In continuation of Board’s letter ibid, a copy of Ministry of Finance OM No.7(2)/EV/2016, dated 10.12.2018 circulating Tables of Benefits for the period from 01.10.2018 to 31.12.2018 is enclosed herewith for information and necessary action.
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
OM No.7(2)/EV/2016, dated 10.12.2018
Sub: Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme, 1980 – Tables of Benefits for the Savings Fund for the period from 01.10.2018 to 31.12.2018.
1. The Tables of Benefits for Savings Funds to the beneficiaries under the Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme – 1980, which are being issued on a quarterly basis from 01.01.2017 onwards, as brought out in this Ministry’s OM of even number dated 17.03.2017, for the quarter form 01.10.2018 to 31.12.2018, are worked out by IRDA based on the interest rate of 8% per annum (compounded quarterly) as notified by the Department of Economic Affairs as per their Resolution No.5(1)-B(PD)/2018, dated 04.10.2018, are enclosed.
2. The Tables enclosed are of two categories as per the existing practice. As hitherto, the first Table of Benefits for the savings fund of the scheme is based on the subscription of Rs.10 p.m. from 01.01.1982 to 31.12.1989 and Rs.15 p.m. w.e.f. 01.01.1990 onwards. The Second Table of Benefits for savings fund is based on a subscription of Rs.10 p.m. for those employees who had opted out of the revised rate of subscription w.e.f. 01.01.1990.
3. While these orders are in respect of Table of Benefits for the period from 01.10.2018 to 31.12.2018, the Tables already issued for the first quarter, second quarter and third quarter i.e. for the period 01.01.2018 to 30.09.2018 are also reproduced for the sake of convenience and consolidation.
4. In their application to the employees of Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders are issued after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
5. Hindi version of these orders is attached.
Download Railway Board Circular RBE No. 11/2019
Forward reference⇒RBE No.